Thursday, April 15, 2010

Panda Madness Minute!

By the time March 2008 rolled around, I had decided I was just too good for the D40 (psssssh, if only...). I'm not quite sure when I got my second camera, but it was right around early March. I found a good deal on a Nikon D70, and was excited to have it. It came with a decent lens, bringing my total stock to three. The camera was older than the D40, and many of its functions were inferior (ISO performance was a big decline), but on the up side it allowed me much more control over what I was doing. Things like metering through the viewfinder were a godsend, as having to look at an LCD screen every time I was trying to meter properly was a huge pain in my ass. I sacrificed a newer, superior image sensor for a more technically advanced camera that I felt would better help me branch out and take the pictures I wanted to. I'm pleased with the results, I loved this camera, and to date have taken most of my favorite pictures on it.

The first picture I took with this camera that I really liked was this guy:




This was the first picture I ever gave a "name", in which I called it "Not all roses are red." I like it. I know it's not a rose, and I don't care. I think it's a neat picture, which is what this is all about anyway. I do this for myself because I like taking pictures and I like feeling good about pictures I've taken at the end of the day. Taken some time in mid-March, at the same place where the previous epic butte climbing adventure took place.

Another picture I really liked:


May 16th, 2008 - Bijou St. bridge over I-25. This picture isn't by any means original. I just think it looks neat. It was my first long-exposure, more of an experiment than anything else, but I liked how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something old....

I was going through old photos of mine and came across this, and really liked it. I took this ages ago, a camping trip back in July 2009. O...