Thursday, April 15, 2010

This is where the bomb drops...


This picture is absolutely and unquestionably my favorite picture I have ever taken. It probably always will be. It is the sun rising over Lake Michigan at Cudahey, Wisconsin. It was taken on September 27th, 2008. I waited up for hours just for this picture. I drove to Cudahey at probably midnight, and just waited on the beach for the sun to come up. This day was special to me for a lot of reasons, which I shall not share, but also won't ever forget.

This picture... to me, is perfect, simply because it makes me happy. I don't know that it will have that effect on anyone else, and I don't care. It's my crowning achievement in a hobby that I do purely for my own personal enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something old....

I was going through old photos of mine and came across this, and really liked it. I took this ages ago, a camping trip back in July 2009. O...