Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Manitou Incline

Samantha, Kyle (co-worker of mine), and myself climbed the Manitou Incline today. It was mine and Samantha's first time, Kyle's second. For anyone who does not know what that is, its an old abandoned cable car path that runs straight up the side of a mountain. All that is left now is thousands of rail ties leading from the base of the mountain to the summit. The trail is just over a mile long, with an elevation change of over 2,000 ft. It was intense, I can't believe we made it to the top. I only have one picture, and its from my cell phone, but enjoy it anyways. The next time I go, I will have my new point-and-shoot, and will have better pictures. I'm not dragging my camera up there, way to much work.


You can see the tiny little parking lot at the bottom. That is where we started. It's a long way to the top...

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I'd be able to climb that in my next lifetime!

    ReplyDelete

Something old....

I was going through old photos of mine and came across this, and really liked it. I took this ages ago, a camping trip back in July 2009. O...